Super Easy Thermomix Hollandaise Sauce

16 Sep

I love Hollandaise Sauce, but I never make it.

hollandaise-sauce-on-salmon

I have tried numerous recipes. I have even had one on one lessons from a Chef. But nothing has ever really worked for me. No matter what method I try, I can only get a recipe to work maybe once, maybe twice but never again. I have made a whole lot of acidic scrambled eggs, split oily concoctions & other major fails.

That was until I started making it in my Thermomix, now I am in love with making my own Hollandaise, because it makes it for me & it works every time 🙂

I can be grilling salmon, assembling a salad & the Hollandaise is making itself. Now that’s my idea of cooking!

You can choose to make your Hollandaise with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, I prefer the vinegar as it makes it a little tart & cuts through the butter. But,its all a matter of preference & lemon juice makes a  more traditional Hollandaise.

Hollandaise Sauce a’la Mama Going Natural

• 4 egg yolks
  • 150g chilled unsalted butter
  • 2 T lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
  • pinch himalayan salt & pepper

So here is the hard bit!! Are you ready??

Put all ingredients in your Thermomix & turn it on for 8 minutes at 90 degrees on speed 3. Sit back & wait for the Magic to happen.

blended-hollandaise

If you are worried about the high amount of butter in this recipe, never fear – butter is good for you!

It not only tastes great & makes everything taste better it has a myriad of health benefits which can be read about here.

Enjoy

Mama-going-natural-signature

11 Responses to “Super Easy Thermomix Hollandaise Sauce”

1. ThermomixBlogger Helene September 17, 2013 at 4:13 am #

yay! This is definitely one reason to have a Thermomix in the kitchen. Isn’t it fun when we can impress ourselves and eat well at the same time?! Thanks for reminding me how much I love Hollandaise 😉

2. Samantha Currie April 15, 2014 at 12:08 am #

Hi kailah, I tried your recipe this morning and it did not work at all, it didn’t come together. Not sure what I did wrong but don’t think I’d be game to try it again – might have to go back to the one in the thermomix cookbook 😦 Sam

• mamagoingnatural April 17, 2014 at 5:17 am #

Hi Sam
      We make this all the time & are yet to have a failure. I am not sure what went wrong, maybe it wasn’t hot enough, did you have the butterfly blade in? Could just be the kitchen gremlins, they visit my house a lot 😉

3. heatomojito September 6, 2014 at 2:40 am #

Worked amazing!! Added the rest of the squeezed lemon Juice, probably another tablespoon. Love the thick consistency!! Cheers

4. Vanessa Eloise Diviny June 17, 2015 at 10:25 am #

Just tried this now and it was a disaster. I have had this happen with the one in the EDC too. It was the very first thing I made in the TMX and was perfect, second time I made it it was awful, like tonight. Just a runny, buttery mess.

• mamagoingnatural September 2, 2015 at 2:56 am #

Maybe try cooking it at a higher temperature for longer, I make it all the time & are yet to have a runny batch! Dumb luck I suppose! I can’t seem to get custard to work unless I cook it for twice as long. Maybe check that you have the little clear lid attached as I find it heats up better with this in place.

• Erin September 11, 2015 at 10:19 pm #

After I’ve had a couple of failed attempts, I’ve found you need to put the butter in first in small cubes. This coats the bottom of thermy so the eggs don’t scramble. I also use 80C and go slower with the speed at first. Haven’t had a dud batch since!

• mamagoingnatural September 14, 2015 at 12:49 am #

I’m glad you found a way to make it work for you 🙂

5. Celia Clarke February 11, 2017 at 7:11 pm #

This didn’t work for me at all. I ended up with an acidic buttery liquid with a layer of cooked egg stuck to the bottom of the goblet. Not a great success unfortunately

• mamagoingnatural February 12, 2017 at 11:15 am #

What a bummer, maybe try it at a lower temperature. I find that with so many thermo cookers on the market now sometimes the temperatures need tweaking for recipes to work with the different brands. So sorry you ended up with acidic scrambled eggs 😦

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s